Film & Theater / TV & Radio
“Music sets the tone and feel for a film or television presentation, and Mihai has a unique talent to enhance the quality of storytelling.” Darren Lashelle, WGTE Public Media Television, Toledo, Ohio.
“Listen carefully to the seven songs and at some point you will notice a strange whisper, a tempting balance between auditory sensations and visual projections. The approach is clever, imaginary, sprinkled with thrills and turmoil, elevation, so that in the end it becomes of a deeply human simplicity.” Tudor Runcanu, CD-Radio Cluj.
“Mihai Popean’s artistic experience and talent … pushes you on a mystical, divine realm, where life and faith merge and intertwine in a cosmic miracle… The artist’s own vision and the way of combining musical ideas discover a rich spiritual atmosphere, addressed directly to the soul, as part of a whole.” Sergiu Rusu, Radio Arad 99.1 FM.
- Traveler H, RV Commercial (2012), Angel Films Soundtrack
- Plugged-In (2008), Science Show series, WGTE Public Media TV, Title Song, Emmy Award 2010.
- Star Formation (2010) (5:45) WGTE Public Media Television, Co-Producer, Soundtrack, documentary.
- History of Toledo Hockey (2010) (7:00), Angel Films, Docuality Network, Soundtrack, documentary. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8951566/?ref_=tt_rvi_nm_i_2
- Turning Point (2009) (55:00), BGSU Theatre and Film, Toledo Films Soundtrack, documentary. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8951566/?ref_=tt_rvi_nm_i_2.
- Fahnen, Musik, Jauchzer, Mordsspektakel (2005) (after Conu Leonida față cu reacțiunea by I.L. Caragiale), original soundtrack, director: Radu Teampău, Romanian Cultural Institute from Vienna, premiere June 30, 2005. http://icr.ro/uploads/files/raport-2005-2008.pdf, pagina 84.
- Maximilian Kolbe (2000) (by Eugen Ionesco), original soundtrack, for Roland XP-80 and chamber orchestra (Fl., Ob., BbCl., 2Bsn., Cbsn., 2FHn., Hp.), premiere at the Ionesco aprés Ionesco International Theatre Festival, Cluj-Napoca National Theatre, June 2, 2000. https://books.google.ro/books?id=mjGSAAAAIAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=2+juin+2000 https://books.google.ro/books?id=mjGSAAAAIAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=mihai+popean
- Neînțelegerea (1999) (by Albert Camus), original soundtrack, orchestral suite for Roland XP-80, KORG X3, recorded sounds and Cool Edit Pro, (2nd version for MaxMSP & Jitter), director: Radu Teampău, Turda National Theatre, 1998-1999, session premiere Octomber 29, 1998. https://teatrulaureliumaneaturda.ro/index.php?id_menu=23&id=54
Aladin & The Magic Lamp (1997) (by Constantin Cubleșan), original soundtrack, orchestral suite for Roland XP-80, director: Radu Teampău, Turda National Theatre, 1997-1998, session premiere April 10, 1998. https://teatrulaureliumaneaturda.ro/index.php?id_menu=23&id=367.
Various: (1995-1999) TVR1 Romanian National Television, Genial Studio, CD-Radio, Radio Renasterea, Pink Studio, Antena 1 Television, and CATV Engineering, Romania. Soundtracks; music for TV & Radio shows, jingles, publicity spots, etc.